Top 6 Fine Dining Restaurants in Doha: #1 Nobu

Saturday 14 May 2016

Last year I enjoyed writing a series of posts which gave a run-down of my favourite fine dining spots in Doha. At number 6 I chose La Mer at the Ritz Carlton for its innovative food and killer views. Number 5 was Gordon Ramsay at the St Regis due to its refined food and the perfect presentation of its plates. I decided that number 4 should be a double Marsa Malaz whammy, choosing Toro Toro and Antica Pesa as joint runners up for being relative Doha newcomers that were already making waves. In at number 3 came Idam due to a location and menu which take fine dining to a whole new level. Number 2 was Hakkasan because it is my favourite date spot in Doha for all the right reasons.

And then, my series came to a rather abrupt halt before I reached number 1 for reasons I won't go into here (one for another time!). It's been playing on my mind ever since, and for that reason I'm really pleased that this month's Qatar link-up has given me a great excuse to finally get around to writing this post!

For anyone reading that is familiar with the Doha restaurant scene, it is probably unsurprising that I've chosen the iconic Nobu at the Four Seasons Hotel as the winner of my absolute favourite fine dining restaurant in Doha. But what makes this restaurant so special? Let's break it down.

Stunning architecture and interiors


From the modern tri-level shell-like building, to the contemporary interiors which utilise materials, depth and texture in clever ways, this building is as aesthetically pleasing inside as it is out.




Location location location


On its own private piece of land which branches out from the grounds of the luxurious Four Seasons Doha, the restaurant is the perfect vantage point from which to take in the panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf in one direction and the bright lights of West Bay in the other.




Food that's a little bit special


It's difficult to stand out in a city of world class restaurants, but stand out Nobu certainly does. Some favourite dishes of ours include the world renowned black cod, steeped in the most deliciously sweet and heady miso, the crisp Rock Shrimp Tempura with the creamiest Ponzu sauce, the succulent wagyu gyoza, the delicious (but disappointingly tiny) lobster wasabi tacos and the Chilean Seabass with Dashi Ponzu. But let's face it, every single dish on that menu is perfectly crafted and delicious.

NB. I am referring to the old menu. Since my last visit, Nobu has released a brand new menu. Please refer to their website for details.




Night life and romance 


Of course, Nobu is much more than just a restaurant. On the top floor is the mother of all rooftop bars; the perfect place for an apéritif before a romantic date, or a cheap option for happy hour with friends - both of which can be enjoyed while taking in that killer view.




Celebrity prowess which is taking the world by storm


Spear-headed by the famous Chef Nobuyaku ('Nobu') Matsuhisa and co-owned by none other than Hollywood's Robert De Niro, Nobu is taking over the culinary world. From London to Malibu; Hong Kong to the Bahamas, the restaurant is popping up in every city to see and be seen.

The details:

Four Seasons Hotel, 
The Corniche, P.O. Box 24665 
Doha, Qatar 

+974 4494 8500 

Pin for later:

 


______


12 comments:

  1. Polly!!! This is also what I'm going to post! Hahahaha! I'm thinking now if I should change it but no, I think it's better for people to know that not only me have Nobu as a favorite. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we both obviously have excellent taste! I'm intrigued to find out how many other people will pick Nobu too. I'm pretty sure it's the most popular restaurant in Doha these days!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  2. And isn't that happy hour just the bee's knees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's the best!!! Killer food, views and cocktails. What is not to love?!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  3. pictures looks fabulous. and Nobu seems to be in the favorite list of many. Would be trying it real soon. and thank you for #QatarLinkUp initiative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just try it! Take a group of friends along on a Thursday or Friday night...scrap that, any night of the week! You won't regret it :-) Thanks for joining in, lovely to discover your blog!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  4. OMG a Nobu in the Four Seasons um yes please! Mr S are 'collecting' Nobus worldwide and I'd love to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Angie I think it's about time you guys visited Doha then! :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Haha! Nowhere does it quite like Nobu.

      Polly xx

      Delete
  6. I haven't been to Nobu and the details in the picture has set me dreaming! Great post and the food in there looks special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Get yourself to Nobu pronto!!

      Polly xx

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS