Weekly Ponderings 2

Friday 9 January 2015

1. This week I was excited by...


Tennis! The Qatar ExxonMobil Open returned to Doha on Monday as the season opener to the ATP tour. There have been a few upsets (namely the favourites, top-ranked Djokovic and third-ranked Nadal being knocked out of the competition a little earlier than expected), but this has now left the competition wide open for someone a little further down the rankings to take the cup. I've got tickets to watch the semis and the finals today and tomorrow, courtesy of my wonderfufiancĂ©, so look out for lots of action shots in next week's post. Also, Rich has just informed me that David Beckham is there today, so let's see if I can manage to capture a few cheeky shots of Mr Goldenballs himself while I'm there!



2. This week I was reminded...


Just how committed and hard working my other half is, as he embarked on a gruelling few days of hard slog, producing the beIN Sports televised coverage of the tennis. It's a long old week for him, which involves sleeping an average of 4-5 hours each night so that he can be in the office early to prepare material, before being live on air all day from their little OB truck, then coming home and writing a running order for the next day, which goes on well into the night. Whenever he works for extended, intense periods like this, I am reminded of just how much having a bit of passion can influence your approach to things. I found a beautiful article this week on the importance of following your purpose and goals so that you can 'be on fire' every day (have a little read here for some great quotes and advice), and it resonated with me because every word reminded me of my man.

3. This week I appreciated...



  • Being a part of the fun blogging Travel Link-Up for the second month running, and reading some really awe-inspiring travel wish lists for 2015. From staycations in the UK, to adventures across Russia, America and Europe, this inspirational group of travel and lifestyle bloggers have it covered. Read some of my favourite posts from this month herehere and here (and while you are there, take a look at my own list of wanderlust wishes).
Image courtesy of Big World Small Me


  • Discovering a few new awesome blogs to add to my Bloglovin' follow list. This week, I've particularly enjoyed:
    • The simplicity of the photography and style displayed on the stunning Peace Love Shea
    • The inspiration I found on Rachel Gadiel's Nourish
    • The beautiful layout and minimalism of Ember & March
    • The guidance I've been lapping up from Autumn Leaves

  • A long Skype session with my dad's side of the family back home. We chatted about the Christmas hols, the new school term and preparations for my wedding. I have felt a little homesick this week after such a lovely week back in the UK, but these guys always manage to perk me up.

4. Quote of the week



Have any of you got any blog recommendations to add to my list above?

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including Ember & March along with your recent blog finds :) I love Rachel's blog as well. Happy Weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my pleasure Amber - I love your blog and have enjoyed reading this week! Have a great weekend, Polly xx

      Delete
  2. It's a lot of fun being part of the link up isn't it? It really brings the blogging community together.
    Lots of love,
    Angie
    SilverSpoon London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might even go so far as to say that it's my favourite part of blogging at the moment! BIG CHAT. Have a lovely weekend Angie, Polly xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the mention! I love tennis and am very jealous you get to go twice! Enjoy it and finger crossed for a sighting of Becks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome lovely lady. I love your photos - what software/app do you use to add the text? No Becks yesterday unfortunately, but I did get to watch Nadal kick some ass in the doubles which was a lot of fun. Hope you have some fun plans this weekend! Polly xx

      Delete
  4. Nadal = dream man! You lucky girl! To add text I use picmonkey.com it is really easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, let's just say he was a treat to watch! Thanks so much, I will check it out, Polly xx

      Delete
  5. What a lovely post, nice to take time to reflect on the week like that. You are so lucky having the sunshine!

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suze! It's actually not so sunny right now - it rained yesterday for the first time in months (although I can't complain too much because it's still 20 degrees!). Hope it's not too nippy in London. Have a great Sunday, Polly xx

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS