So, I have some exciting news...

Sunday 13 September 2015

Frequent readers of Follow Your Sunshine may have noticed that things have been a little quiet on the blog front recently. I had planned to have raced through my honeymoon posts by now, and be back to my normal schedule. Then all of a sudden something happened which meant that everything in my life was temporarily put on hold. I've been harbouring this little secret for quite a while now and I believe the time has finally come for me to let you in on it! Allow me to explain...

Today is my thirtieth birthday; a rather huge milestone, but one which I've actually been looking forward to with excitement and anticipation. It's always been a really special time of year for Mr Sunshine and I you see.

Three years ago, I was turning 27, and I was looking forward to our very first date the next day. Mr S was a complete gentleman and pulled out all of the stops (as well as some very suave one-liners), and things quickly progressed to a second date.

Two years ago, I'd come to visit him in Doha, where he'd taken up a job as a TV producer a couple of months before. We celebrated me turning 28 with birthday cake for breakfast in the Marriott, followed by a day in a cabana on a beach at Sharq Village and Spa. It was on that day that we came to the decision that living on separate sides of the world was too difficult for us to continue for much longer, and that I would move over to this part of the world as soon as the opportunity arose.

One year ago, Mr Sunshine had recently proposed in that very same cabana at Sharq Village and Spa, and we had travelled home to celebrate our engagement with family and friends. I spent my 29th birthday in a champagne-induced rather giddy state, surrounded by my favourite people in the world.

This year, as I leave my twenties behind, things are a little quieter. We started the day with a lie in and Mr Sunshine brought me breakfast in bed. He is taking me for a trip to nearby Banana Island later, which I am really excited about. All this is amazing, but there is something even better on my mind. Not too long ago, I received some news which was the best birthday present I could ever have wished for.


The news that I'M PREGNANT!!


We can not describe how utterly delighted we are at this news. We're now busy making plans and excitedly looking ahead to the future, when our little Sunshine duo expands to become a family of three!


Some of you will probably want to know all of the details (who am I kidding, I really want to write about them!!), so there will be a much more in-depth post tomorrow detailing everything from how I found out, to how far along I am, and how I've been feeling. For now, I'm going to help myself to a huge slice of this cake that Mr Sunshine brought in for me this morning (they have really captured the likeness don't you think?!)...


And then the three of us are off out for some birthday celebrations. I have a feeling that this is going to be the best one yet.

41 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled for you guys! 😊👏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Great news for you both x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara, we're really excited.

      Polly xx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!!! <3<3<3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks love. Eeeek! SO much is about to change!!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  5. Wow this is amazing, just seen your news from Bali. So delighted for you both

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is amazing, just seen your news from Bali. So delighted for you both

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful news! Congratulations on the expanding Sunshine family! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to all three of you! Also, that may be the simultaneously the funniest and the most terrifying cake I've ever seen! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was so creepy I couldn't bring myself to eat the lady!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  9. Things just keep getting more and more exciting for you and Mr Sunshine don't they - I mean seriously, what a wonderful bit of news to quickly make you forget about the end of wedding and honeymoon crash that so many of us get when it's back to reality! So exciting! Hope you are feeling Ok in yourself and happy birthday! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely words Shikha! We are incredibly lucky.

      Polly xx

      Delete
  10. When I saw the link to this post, I quickly opened it wondering what your big news was and it was a nice surprise! Congratulations lovely lady, you deserve all the happiness. Can't wait to meet her/him! Hope you had a great birthday too.

    Aftab | Fresh And Fearless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, that's a lovely thing to say Aftab, thank you. See you in a few month's time I hope for a baby blogger meet-up!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  11. That is such wonderful news - you keep bringing bits of sunshine over to rainy London - thank you!!! Relish every moment - am sure you will be a very special mummy (you were set a great example). How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I will pass that onto my mum. I completely agree!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  12. Congratulations Polly!!! Amazing news and timing :) Very happy for you. Lots of love, Andrea xxx

    Andrea's Passions

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Polly! That's amazing news and what a wonderful birthday present! Best of luck spreading sunshine with your two massive loves xx

    Honey x The Girl Next Shore

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowie congratulations Polly! Amazing news, what a whirlwind few months for you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So so happy for you both and what a fabulous birthday present! Love the trio of flip flops all in a row - the perfect way to show you're going to have an extra little adventurer :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks, I love the flipflops too. Very us :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  16. Congratulations Polly! What exciting news for you both! Happy Birthday and here's to your next big adventure - I look forward to reading all about it :) X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I am so happy for you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Huge congratulation what a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday. Being pregnant and not being able to share it for a number of weeks is so very hard. I hope you are keeping well. I am now in my final trimester which has flown by. You have lots of fun thigs to come Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy! I didn't realise you were pregnant. Congratulations. We need to share stories :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  19. Oh my gosh Polly, what brilliant news!!! So happy for you and Mr Sunshine!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So happy for your Polly! Looking forward to following your journey :)
    Simone x | The Aussie Flashpacker

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS