Weekly Ponderings 17

Friday 8 May 2015

This week I was excited about...


Breaking up a heavy working week with lots of fun blogger events, starting with the press launch of Swiss Week at the Grand Hyatt, Doha. You can read all about it here.



This week I was reminded...


About the importance of taking good quality snaps if you want to be a successful blogger. It was back to the Grand Hyatt for a photography workshop hosted by the lovely ladies of Blogging ME and a presentation by the incredibly talented Joe Agdeppa, and while I now know a lot more about framing (you should always apply the rule of thirds) and aperture (set a wide aperture if you want sharp focus on a nearby object and a blurred background), my photography skillz still leave a lot to be desired. I had lots of fun leaning over delicious and rather familiar-looking plates of food from Swiss Week trying to do something arty with my camera all the same.



This week I appreciated...


Dinner at Isaan with one of our favourite Doha couples and fellow about-to-be-weds Rosalyn from Dream Days and 'her Rich'. Yup, I just couldn't keep away from the Grand Hyatt this week!



A spot of naughtiness to lighten the load of a late night in the office.

A photo posted by Follow Your Sunshine (@polbag) on


Heading back to my favourite restaurant in Doha for a 'Come Dine With Me' supper hosted by Ahlan magazine with some fellow Doha bloggers. We sampled some more of Chef Khala's amazing creations and enjoyed chatting about everything from the untapped potential of mid range restaurants and food vans in Qatar to the rather wonderful Gerald's desire to 'be somebody' (to which we concluded he should bring back the bow tie with his own range). I will pop a more in-depth post up soon.

Quote of the week...



I hope you're having a sunny Friday! For all of you that had a Bank Holiday on Monday, high five for four day weeks!


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fantastic week Polly, and how nice that you went to a photography class. I went to the Mittal Orbit in the Olympic Park which was fun

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I've never been to the top, are the views as good as you expect them to be? I really enjoyed the photography class, just need to get practicing now :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great week for food!
    Lots of love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was, of course, the best thing about it!! :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  3. Now, that is a particularly scrumptious week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delicious through and through!

      Polly xx

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS