Weekly Ponderings 20

Saturday 30 May 2015

This week I was excited about...


One of my best friends coming to stay with us in the desert. Lottie arrived on Thursday for a long weekend and Doha suddenly feels more like home with her here (the Percy Pigs and Cadbury's Milk chocolate that are now filling my cupboards are helping of course...).

A photo posted by Follow Your Sunshine (@polbag) on


This week I was reminded...


How much I love my little blog as so many exciting new opportunities came my way. I know that all you bloggers understand how exciting it is when something which is essentially a hobby starts to really take off!




This week I appreciated...


Another hen do, this time for fabulous fellow Essex girl Hayley who is getting married two days after me in New York. We took a Dhow boat out into the Persian Gulf, complete with DJ and several bottles of bubbly, and enjoyed a day of swimming, dancing and chatting until the sun set and it was time to return home.



A 'white and gold' party on the beach at The Hilton to celebrate a colleague's thirtieth birthday.

A photo posted by Follow Your Sunshine (@polbag) on


A special afternoon tea to mark the start of my fine dining in Doha series.





Quote of the week...



How was your week? For those of you in the UK and America, did you enjoy your long weekend? I hope the sun is shining wherever you are!

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulously glamorous hen do!
    Lots of love,
    Angie

    SilverSpoon London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Angie, it was fabulous! Such a fun day - it was one of those weekends when I really loved living in Qatar!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing week! Your wedding is SO SOON!
    Aren't visitors the best? Hawaii feels more like home too when we have friends and family come to visit. I love showing everyone my favorite little spots. Last week, our friend came for the long weekend, and I have another friend coming this week. We're going to have some much-needed girl time and I can't wait to share this island with her. And I LOVE this week's quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...soooooo soon!! EEEK! I love having visitors, it really helps to make me feel more at home here - don't you find that it also makes you appreciate your expat home more because your visitors are always so enthusiastic about things that they don't have back home (like sunshine for example!!). Have an amaaaaazing time with your friend lovely, looking forward to the blog posts :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  3. I just come here to sit quietly and sob about how you're so pretty and yet so nice. *looks down at food blogger booty* Dammit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! You are so sweet Frankie. As iiiiif you have a food blogger booty, you are slim as anything!! I go to your blog to remind myself that I'm really not as funny as I think I am and need to become a better blogger! The Mayfairy's up there in my top 5 lady :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS