Follow Your Sunshine Is Back!

Wednesday 19 August 2015

It's been a good few weeks now since I published my last post, and over a month since I put Follow Your Sunshine on the back burner while we got married and headed off on honeymoon. I hate to admit it, but despite missing blogging terribly, I am feeling pretty good for having had a bit of a break.

While we were in Italy, we didn't make a conscious decision to switch off our devices, but it just felt right to do so. That's not to say that I didn't find time to sneak in a few sneak peek blog posts of some of the beautiful places we'd been to! But for the majority of our time away, we spent as much time as we could simply enjoying each others' company and soaking in the excitement of being newly-weds. Mr Sunshine claims that he didn't even check his work email while we were away, and for my husband this is quite a feat!

Now that we're back in Qatar and settled into our usual routine, I'm super keen to get going again...and there is so much to talk about, starting with the super-crazy-wonderful-best-day-of-my-life experience that was our Wedding Day! 
Photos courtesy of Brett Harkness

Following some of the most excitable posts I'll probably ever write, I will recount our once in a lifetime travels across Italy: through Rome, along The Amalfi Coast and up to Florence, where we breathed in some of the most beautiful views I have ever seen, ate at some of the best restaurants I will ever eat at, and stayed in some of the world's most luxurious hotels...oh, and did I mention the swimming pools?! 


Needless to say, Mr Sunshine and I fell head over heels in love with Italy, and we found it incredibly difficult to leave.

Luckily, when I've written the sad conclusion to this series of honeymoon travel posts, I have a few blog posts lined up that are all about our future and what is coming up next for the Sunshines! It really is going to be an exciting few months for the blog (and actually, for our lives in general!), so make sure you keep up to date by following me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Bloglovin'.

In the meantime, I have a fun giveaway to kick things off tomorrow so I hope you will drop by to check it out and say hi. 

I've missed this! It's so good to be back :-)

28 comments:

  1. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we have all missed the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, it's good to be back! :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  3. Oh those pools! Glad to see you back and can't wait for the posts! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they stunning?! Thanks love, I hope you enjoy them.

      Polly x

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to read about everything that you've been up to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, I can't wait to write about it!

      Polly x

      Delete
  5. It's so great to see you back! Can't wait to read all about your adventures! You made a beautiful bride :)

    Lauren xx | The Lifestyle Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear all about the wedding and the honeymoon. Everything looked perfect <3 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all perfect...but then, I am a little bit biased!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  7. Everything looks so beautiful, Poll! Especially you. Can't wait to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you took a proper break and cannot WAIT for all these exciting posts!!! Those pools look INSANE Polly! Lots of love, Andrea xxx

    Andrea's Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The break was gooood! They were out of this world!! Thanks Andrea, can't wait to get stuck back into yours either :-)

      Polly x

      Delete
  9. Welcome back! Congratulations again, you both looked so fantastic. Looking forward to all the posts to come x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessi! Hope I'm able to do it all justice!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous wedding snaps Polly and really excited to hear these exciting upcoming future plans of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shikha! Ooo, those are going to be some fun blog posts to write! :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  11. Welcome back Mrs Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hoo you're back! Can't wait to read all about your Italian adventures and what amazing wedding pics - mind you the pair of you are seriously photogenic

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you Suze! I will pass on the compliment to Mr Sunshine. Hope you enjoy the posts!

      Polly x

      Delete
  13. Your wedding pictures are stunning and I am glad that the sunshine came out for you. You certainly picked a wonderful place to have your wedding and honeymoon. Looking forward to what is to come Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a beautiful day, we were very happy! Looking forward to sharing it with you!

      Polly x

      Delete
  14. Welcome back!!! I've missed your posts and have found myself popping over here every so often to see if a post has gone up ;) looking forward to hearing all about the wedding and honeymoon - eeeek those pools look AH-MAZING!

    C x | Lux Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for the lovely comment Catherine - it's good to be back! I hope you're going to enjoy the upcoming posts. I'm just popping over to your blog now for a catch-up :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS