Pregnancy Update: Weeks 28-32

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Bumpdate


HELLO BUMP!!



Sorry for the four week gap between updates, it's been difficult to keep up with everything. As you can see, Baby Sunshine has grown enormously in this time. Yesterday, I hit the 33 week mark, which means she is apparently about the size of a Honeydew Melon, and weighs about 4.5 pounds!

The eagle-eyed amongst you might notice that I now have a faint but visible linea negra (the line that runs down from my tummy button) and I am sporting a lovely outie. 

Symptoms


So, so many. Most are neatly summarised in this post, but I will also add Braxton Hicks contractions (fairly painful practice contractions), constant exhaustion and difficulty breathing to the list. Oh, and did I mention that I am waking up about 4 times a night because she is bouncing on my bladder and kicking my ribs at regular intervals?! Her awake times have fallen into a bit of a pattern so we keep reassuring ourselves that this is all good practice for what is to come. I'm slowly acclimatising to the constant zombie-like state that I will be in for the next 2 years after she's born, so it's all good.

What I've been eating


As much as I can, whenever and wherever I can. I am now constantly hungry, and never seem to be full. Check out some of my recent food loves:







How I've been feeling


Constantly excited. We started our anti-natal classes in week 30, and learning all about the intricacies of childbirth and preparing for life after baby have helped me to feel as though this is really about to happen. We also finished buying the final bits for the nursery and it finally looks like a proper little girl's room.

I've been a little more emotional over the past week or so, as the hormones have really ramped up a notch, but it's mainly all happy emotions! In my downtime, I've been watched baby vlogs, birthing videos and YouTubers' nursery tours on a loop and sobbing quietly to myself. I tend to do this when it's only me in the house so that Mr Sunshine doesn't think I've turned into a complete nutter.

What I've been wearing


Anything comfortable and stretchy. If it's made out of Egyptian cotton and resembles a sack, I'm all over it.

When I am out and about, and this kind of garment is not acceptable, then TopShop and ASOS maternity wear are my current staples, and I have discovered a new love of oversized 'boyfriend' shirts.







Products I've been using


I have continued to try to keep product use to a minimum as much as I am able so that I'm not subjecting the little one to any nasty chemicals. A few weeks ago I purchased an acetone-free nail polish remover, which surprised me by actually working really well! This is a real win for me - even pregnant women should be able to have nice nails.

Baby bits


So I might have mentioned the nursery already in this post, and those of you that follow me on Instagram have not heard the end of it, but LOOK HOW PRETTY IT IS!!





With the final piece of furniture in place, I'm getting some artwork up on the wall this week and then a detailed blog post with all the deets will follow in due course.

I've also been preparing by washing all of Baby Sunshine's teeny weeny baby grows and sleep suits. I can't tell you how excited it makes me looking out to our balcony and seeing this view!



Links of the week


I have discovered a new mummy blog that I think you will all love. Seek My Scribbles by new mummy Megan is a great source of advice and wisdom, and features some pretty photography too.

I also can't end this post without mentioning the absolutely hilarious Mum of Boys, which is written be a fellow UK expat in the Middle East, Louise. She has kept me entertained on many an evening with her witty anecdotes on family life.

Final words


I want to dedicate this little bit at the bottom to Mr Sunshine, who has been an absolute rock for me over the past few weeks. Despite working some pretty grotty hours, he has tolerated me keeping him awake with my incessant tossing and turning during the night, supported me when I've told him how difficult I'm finding these last few weeks, and has done everything he can to help keep the house chores and general life admin ticking along. Couldn't do this without you husband!

If you're interested in how he's feeling about fatherhood, you can read a recent guest post from him here.

23 comments:

  1. Not long now and you will have your beautiful baby girl. Getting the final bits ready makes it seem more real. You have lots of exciting times to come Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy! I've been meaning to get in contact for ages, how are you and the little one doing?! I am about to have a little nosey on your blog for updates. I'm super excited. I'm sure I'll be calling on you for lots of advice in due course.

      Polly xx

      Delete
  2. Ahhh Polly this is so exciting! The nursery looks amazing :) I can't believe baby sunshine will be so tiny to fit in those baby grows!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous! I know, they are so mini!! Can't wait to share everything that's to come :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  3. Awww, look at the belly! That's a happy buuba...
    Actually, cream cheese, marmite and cucumber on toast sounds pretty darn good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I hope she's happy in there...but not too happy, I want to meet her sometime soon! It's AWESOME, try it.

      Polly xx

      Delete
  4. Looking great lovely and the nursery is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thank you so much for linking my blog! I absolutely love hopping over here to read your updates. Your bump is looking beautiful, as is little one's nursery. I'm incredibly jealous of that balcony view too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Megan! I've really enjoyed reading it over the past few weeks. Pleased you're enjoying mine too :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  6. The nursery is adorable! I can't believe how quickly things are coming around xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never heard of a linea negra or of Braxton Hicks contractions before so thanks for the insight. Your nursery is looking gorgeous, love that day bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were new discoveries for me when I became pregnant too! It's amazing what happens to your body that you had no idea about before. Thank you Suze! I love it too, I've already put it to the test and it's a great nap spot ;-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  8. Ah this brings back happy memories. That first wash of grows and seeing them on the line is the cutest. I remember squealing with excitement and anticipation at the sight of them! My little one is only three months old, but reading your post makes that anticipation feel so long ago already! They change so much week-by-week that time just absolutely whizzes past.

    So excited for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I totally did the same at IKEA!

      Delete
    2. I can't believe your little bub is 3 months old already! Time really has flown! I hope you are doing well and loving every minute of being a new mummy. We must exchange notes at some point. I am definitely going to make the most of every minute once she's here, as all mummies say the same thing about things going so quickly. Lots of love to you and all the family.

      Polly xx

      Delete
    3. Ps. IKEA is a pregnant woman's nemesis!! x

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mind-blowing post and this article tell me a pregnant women how to spend his time during the pregnancy and how to control his health for good baby thanks for share it Gwendolyn Battle .

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS