Qatar Link-Up: My Top Tourist Spot in Doha

Tuesday 15 March 2016

A year ago, I was honoured to be given the opportunity to write a guest post for one of my favourite travel bloggers, Big World Small Me on why I think Qatar is the perfect holiday destination. From the architecture and landscapes, to the facilities and sunshine, I waxed lyrical about why I think my little adopted country is the perfect place for any intrepid tourist to visit.

However, there is one place which I briefly touch on in this post which I think is deserving of a post all of its own: The Museum of Islamic Art Park.



Sitting parallel to the iconic Museum of Islamic Art, this park is a green haven on the edge of our city, and the perfect place to take in some of the most beautiful sights that Doha has to offer. Shaped in a curve, which gradually tapers out into the Arabian Gulf, it gives you the opportunity to view an important feature in Qatar's history as the sea-edge path takes you past a number of traditional Dhow boats moored in the shallows.

The park is arguably the most family-friendly space in the city. Children's playground areas and trampolines provide a fun and safe space to play, and numerous events are held in the park on a regular basis, including the MIA Park Bazaar, which runs every Saturday during the comfortable Spring and Autumn months, and showcases around 150 stalls; a modern take on the Qatari Souq tradition.


My favourite part of the park however, comes into view only when you reach the very end of your walk. Just as the curved park begins to come to a point at the end and you think there is nothing more to see, a jaw-dropping sight spreads out before you. Across the waters of the Corniche sits the skyline of the city of Doha.

The park cafe provides comfortable seating at the water's edge, and a comforting Shawarma, Turkish Pizza or Crépe will help you to replenish the energy you expelled on your walk as you take in the view in front of you.


This little tucked away spot is my favourite place in the whole of Doha. It's the perfect place for a tourist to capture some sneaky shots of the city's skyscrapers, and to watch the sun go down as Qatar residents from all cultures and backgrounds mingle together, united in mutual enjoyment of the space, sights and sounds of this magical place at the edge of the city.




As my friend Rosalyn (Dream Days Blog), who is currently visiting from Valencia aptly put it, "I need to go there this week; it's the best place in Doha to get the perfect Instagram!"

______



20 comments:

  1. The photos look so perfect it all looks photoshopped! It's so funny because I live so close to this place and yet, I haven't really explored it as much. I definitely should do it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to take a great photo there (although I'd be lying if I said a teeny bit of photo editing didn't take place...just to accentuate the light y'know!!). Noemi, you have no excuse not to get yourself there, it's so beaut, especially at this time of year :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  2. What a lovely space to have so handy! Is it always that green?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always. Doha and sprinklers are a match made in heaven. You need to be careful when walking over grass over here, I've been caught in the middle of a mass-sprinkler turn-on before. Not great if you're just on your way out!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely space to have so handy! Is it always that green?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely chilled out space :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the perfect place for a relaxed wander. The nutella crêpes are a great reason to visit too :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely spot - I can see why it's your favourite place in Doha. This is a part of the world that I must visit soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayla. Yes you must!!! Let me know if you're ever in the region, would love to meet up :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  6. Love the pictures. And love MIA park too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sahar. Isn't it gorgeous?!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  7. Love the pictures. And love MIA park too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos. It really does have the best view of Doha in my opinion. Maybe the weather will improve this week and I can make it over there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such dreamy scenes! That park looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could literally spend all day here when it's not too hot!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  10. I love the sound of this museum, and great photos by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The museum itself is really good. I haven't been inside for a long time, must go soon! Thanks Suze :-)

      Polly xx

      Delete
  11. Your pictures make Doha look like a patina-tinted dream. Gorgeous pix xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. MIA park is a hot favourite amongst all. And the Sarurday Park Baazaar. Yay :-)

    Lovely photos too.

    Hope your lil newvorn is doing well.

    (On the linkup as drshahira@wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also write guest posts sometimes. I like sharing some information with other. For sure, it helps me as well since I get more followers and loyal readers. Recently one of my followers wrote me an e-mail asking me to accept his guest post and insert a link business writing buy cv. At first I didn't want to do that since I wasn't sure if that link doesn't cause harm to my blog. However, it all turned out to be great. I earned $90 and my followers left dozens of positive comments.
    P.S. Pictures are so amazing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS