Let's Talk About...Marsa Malaz Kempinski

Wednesday 9 November 2016

I have always admired the Marsa Malaz Kempinski for its gorgeous architecture and luxurious interiors. Whole weekends have been dedicated to spending every mealtime in one of its seven world class restaurants and lounges. If the ambience and food wasn't enough, the hotel is now pulling out all the stops to bring its visitors high quality entertainment too. Following on from my run-down of Intercontinental Doha The City's top restaurant offers last month, this month I'm listing all of the reasons why the restaurants of the Marsa Malaz are November's places to be and be seen in Doha.

1. Acclaimed singer Jennifer Grout comes to Al Sufra


For those of you that haven't heard of Arabic singer Jennifer Grout, she has an inspiring story to tell. Born in America, she fell in love with Arabic music aged 23 when she discovered a clip on YouTube. Several months, a one-way flight to Morocco and some intensive study of Arabic language and music later, the talented musician had reached the final of Arabs Got Talent and gained millions of fans around the world.

And now she is singing every Monday through to Saturday from 8.30 - 11.00pm in the beautiful Levant-inspired restaurant Al Sufra. I've watched her perform, and her silky-smooth voice is the perfect accompaniment to a night of authentic Arabic dining in the ornate surroundings of this unique restaurant. She's here until December, don't miss Grout.




2.  El Faro is making a song and dance about their food


As if the drama of the never-ending Friday & Saturday Spanish Brunches, bottomless Sangria and delectable dessert platters wasn't enough, the diner's experience of El Faro has now been enhanced by the addition of impressive flemenco duo Laura Rodriguez and Joti de Jerez.

Now that the weather is perfect, you can sit out on the restaurant's pretty terrace to enjoy panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf while tapping your feet to Hispanic beats. Ariba!

(Side note: make sure you set aside several hours to enjoy everything this restaurant has to offer - we were at brunch for five hours last weekend and only managed to make our way through a tiny proportion of the menu available to us!)


 

3. Brunching in true Friday-style at Sawa


Sawa has always been one of my favourite brunches for the choice, quality and presentation of the food on offer, but until recently the atmosphere has been disctinctly lacking. Cue the addition of talented singer and guitarist, Jessica Gibson to add a bit more of a party vibe to the Marsa Malaz' Signature Brunch.

Plaudits to the Marsa Malaz for finally getting in tune with what the brunch crowd is looking for!



It's definitely shaping up to be a fun time to visit the Marsa Malaz, especially as they've now opened up all of their numerous outdoor terraces to diners who are wanting to take advantage of the cooler weather and impressive vistas. My bank balance is taking a beating however, because the hotel just happens to be just across the road from my apartment...

Details:

Costa Malaz Bay, The Pearl, Doha, Qatar | 4035 5555

Follow Your Sunshine was a guest at Marsa Malaz Kempinski for some of the above, but as always all views are my own.

9 comments:

  1. Definitely going to treat myself to an early Christmas present with one of these brunches. It looks divine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you should, and it would be well deserved too! My advice is to go for the Sawa brunch, as it has a great play room for the little ones.

      Polly xx

      Delete
  2. I ve had good n bad experiences. But you might have convinced me to go back..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd be interested to hear what your bad experiences were. I've always had good experiences here almost without exception. But definitely go back and give them another try! They're just getting better & better at the mo.

      Polly xx

      Delete
  3. I passed by Sawa when I went to Marsa Malaz. The interiors are so beautiful!!! Can't wait to go and try their brunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooow, my favourite thing about that restaurant (apart from the food of course) is the floors! So pretty. I'm yet to try brunch there but it's one of the most romantic restaurants I've been to in Doha in the evening.

      Polly xx

      Delete
  4. I liked reading about Jennifer Grout's story. It is no easy feat to master a language and then learn their music!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love what she did! Very inspirational. She's got a stunning voice too.

      Polly xx

      Delete
  5. I say this time and and time again! I love how you write!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS