Weekly Ponderings 11

Friday 27 March 2015

This week I was excited about...


The Qatar International Food Festival returning to Doha for four days of foodie heaven in the Museum of Islamic Art Park. I spent an evening there on the first day, trawling the stalls with a few friends and stuffing my face until I felt sick. I attempted to return again yesterday for an event with the Marsa Malaz Kempinski, but unfortunately the Doha traffic wasn't playing ball! If you are yet to head over there, there are still a few hours left to rectify this - here's a little taster of what you can expect!



This week I was reminded...


How FLIPPING DELIGHTED I always am about returning home to the land of green fields and rain. This time it's mainly because I'm going to be a bridesmaid at my bestest friend's wedding (where I will no doubt weep bucket loads of tears into my champagne), because I get to stroke the brand new baby bumps of two of my other best friends at the same time (while weeping some more), because I'm finally meeting some of the lovely blogger types that have inspired me so much (hopefully will hold in the weeping at this point) and because I get to see my awesome family. In between I must remember the other purpose of the trip - to finalise all of our wedding arrangements and buy our rings!



This week I appreciated...


The sunshine on the marina.



Stuffing my face (again) at several restaurants on The Pearl (for a summary of my favourite of these, head over here).



Watching some fast-paced football on the beach in the sun as the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup 2015 qualifiers came to town. It's a hard job, but somebody has to do it!

A photo posted by Follow Your Sunshine (@polbag) on


Quote of the week...



What is the best thing you did this week? I hope it's been sunny where you are!

6 comments:

  1. I liked the ''this spot'' in the 2nd photo!

    Have a lovely weekend :)

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased you like it - it's probably my favourite spot in the world! I love coming home to my mum's house.

      Thank you love, hope you have a great one too!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so sad I won't meet you this time but lets fix a date for when you're back next.
    All the best,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooo Angie, you'll be missed! Definitely up for a champers in July. It will literally be a few days before my wedding so I might need you to calm my nerves a little and tell me married life is A-OK!!

      Hope the sun's come out,

      Polly xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, your life looks so lovely! So sorry I didn't get to meet up with you all yesterday :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were missed!! Definitely next time.

      Polly xx

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS