Female Role Models 2: J. K. Rowling

Monday 26 January 2015

After the great reception that my last post on inspirational female celebrities received (mainly friends messaging me saying, "Oh my God I LOVE her!" - great taste ladies), I have been rather looking forward to writing this next one on J. K. Rowling. Why? I'm not ashamed to admit I am a little bit Harry Potter mad ('potty', you might say), plus I love a good rags to riches success story.

As an aside, don't you think Jo looks great for her age?



Here are the reasons why I think J. K. Rowling is a great role model.

She believes in setting the goalposts high



She views failure as a driver, rather than a roadblock in life


  

She recognises the weaknesses of human beings




But also the strength we all have within us



 

She understands the power of a well-written piece of writing




And through her own writing, she has conveyed some beautiful life messages










 
 
Are you a little potty like me? Are there any good 'life lesson' quotes in the Harry Potter series that I've missed?

8 comments:

  1. Oh I really love her. Both for the amazing story she gave us and as a person, every time I read something about her my fangirling goes up. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's great isn't she?! I love that she wasn't born into wealth and fortune, but she used hard work and talent to get to where she is today. A true role model!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I know, such a wordsmith. Apart from all the Harry Potter ones I think the top 2 are my favourites!
      Polly xx

      Delete
  3. Writers always have the best quotes - probably because they spend so much time thinking about their words. Confession time: I've never read any Harry Potter. Should I add it to my reading list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true Frankie! Do you count bloggers in this camp too?!
      I am shocked and appalled at this confession!!!! Get yourself down to Waterstones ASAP! You won't regret it ;-)
      Polly xx

      Delete
  4. I love this post, and the collection of quotes you've used! I've just recently discovered your blog, and have been enjoying catching up on your Doha adventures. I've never visited the Middle East before, so it's fascinating to read all your stories. I am loving this new series as well - brilliant idea! I have been a massive Harry Potter fan since I was about 9, and will adore the books until my dying day! JK is an awesome female role model.

    Sophie :-)

    http://octobersgirlblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sophie, thank you so much for your lovely words and I'm so so happy that you're enjoying the blog! Qatar is a funny little country - I didn't know much about it myself before I came out here so I'm pleased that I'm spreading a little Middle Eastern knowledge around the place. Jo is indeed awesome. So awesome that I'm struggling to come up with who I'm going to write about next - I can't seem find anyone that matches up!

      Polly xx

      PS. Your latest outfit post is gorge - I love a good print!

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS