Weekly Ponderings 5

Friday 30 January 2015

This week I was excited by...


A very fun evening spent watching some more world class sport as Poland took on Denmark at the 24th Men's Handball World Championships in Lusail city. It was fun to watch such a fast-paced sport which I previously knew very little about, and to witness the passion of the Danish and Polish fans who had turned up in their droves to watch!





However, I'm not ashamed to admit that I was less excited by the match itself than the post-game entertainment. Gwen Stefani had dropped in for the evening, and she rocked her little socks off on stage for a good hour following Poland's defeat to Denmark, wearing some gorgeous outfits by Qatari designers The Kayys. I was so impressed by her energy and shocked that she still doesn't look a day over 25. Gwen, whatever you're having, I want it.












As you can see, I took a few photos...

This week I was reminded...


Just how quickly the city of Doha is growing as we were given a tour of the new Marsa Malaz hotel which seems to have gone up in a matter of months!


As well as how much I love my other half, as I read through his gorgeous guest post that he wrote for Follow Your Sunshine on his thoughts about relationships.


This week I appreciated...


  • A very spontaneous night out with Rich to Prime at the InterContinental Doha: The City, which involved a hilarious conversation with some Qataris in the bar beforehand, followed by some great food and wine, and sampling extra courses of steak for an upcoming menu change.



  • Getting the opportunity to watch Rich in action as he interviewed the very charismatic Graeme Souness for The Keys and Gray Show, and snooping around this beautiful suite at The Grand Hyatt afterwards.



  • The arrival of a very special invitation.


Quote of the week



Courtesy of Chelsea Midori on Instagram.


What have been the highlights of your week?

4 comments:

  1. Spontaneous date nights are the best! My hubby and I just had one last night and it was so much fun and much needed!

    ~Carolann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good right?! We laughed more than we have in months! Would making a once a week spontaneous date night compulsory automatically take away the spontaneity?!!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  2. Gwen Stefani! You are so lucky! I've loved her since I was 9, and she's stayed at the top of list of people I should grow up to be every since. Love Love Love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Frankie - and she lived up to every expectation!! Such an amazing woman. I want to be her more than ever now!!!

      Polly xx

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS