Weekly Ponderings 4

Friday 23 January 2015

This week I was excited by...


The launch of my series of guest posts on travel, lifestyle and expat living, starting with a beautiful review of some of the UK's top hotels by the lovely Angie from SilverSpoon London. It was such a privilege to have a blogger of Angie's calibre take over my blog for the day, and it was lovely to get to know her a little better in the lead up to the day too. If you are interested in taking part by writing a guest post in the future then please contact me on Twitter or drop me an email here. I'm HUGELY excited about next week's one!

This week I was reminded...


Just how difficult HTML/coding/CSS is as I attempted to give my blog a little facelift. After some consideration, I opted for a more minimalistic design, which I'd love your feedback on if you have any! I also moved from my old 'blogger' URL to www.followyoursunshine.me this week, which means I've ticked off point five of my blogging goals and resolutions for 2015 all in one week! Woohoo!



This week I appreciated...



  • A few cosy evenings with Rich, to make up for all of our late nights the week before. Most of this time was spent in front of Game of Thrones, which we're only just getting into and LOVE! (Yes, I know we're behind the curve...). The rest of the time was spent wedding and honeymoon planning - I've had a sudden panic about the length of our to do list now that we have less than 6 months to go, so we're trying to tick as much off as we can.


When I got home from work on Thursday afternoon, after what had felt like a very long week, I found a little note on the bed.



Have I mentioned recently how I think I'm the luckiest girl in the world?!

  • A catch-up with the lovely Hayley over yet more scones and tea at the St Regis. Hayley had just been for one of their signature massages, and was feeling rather blissful, which was somewhat contagious!




  • A return of the sun to the desert, after what has felt like weeks of cloud and rain. I made the most of it by heading to The Atelier Art Cafe for an al fresco breakfast this morning while I did some work.



A perfect breakfast...so perfect that I think we might return tomorrow!

Quote of the week...



What are your plans for this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Thank you once again for having me and I really appreciate your kind words. The blog is looking gorgeous and congratulations on the new URL. I'm so jealous of your sunshine, it's freezing here!
    Lots of love,
    Angie
    SilverSpoon London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my absolute pleasure my dear. I have taken notes on those hotels and will be visiting at least one next time I'm home! Thank you so much, I'm so pleased you like it! Keep warm.
      Polly xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Polly, your new blog design is looking great. I like the social media icons and it looks very uncluttered. I noticed your Rob Ryan notebook, I love his stuff and met him once.

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suze, thank you so much for the feedback and I'm really pleased you like the new design! Errrrr that's awesome, I love all of Rob Ryan's stuff! What's he like?!
      Polly xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Polly, your new blog design is looking great. I like the social media icons and it looks very uncluttered. I noticed your Rob Ryan notebook, I love his stuff and met him once.

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Polly! I'm fascinated by your blog. It inspires me and makes feel good. I would like to know your opinion about a really great free app, which is called Carde at carde-app.com. It can be helpful for you in communication with your followers. I appreciate any ideas. I'll be waiting for your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Anna. I will be sure to check out your link.
      Polly xx

      Delete
  5. I love your new layout! Very clean and neat.

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS