Weekly Ponderings 3

Friday 16 January 2015

This week I was excited by...


The fact that I had my man back in my life following a week of barely seeing him while he produced beIN Sports' coverage of the Qatar ExxonMobil Open. On his first day off, we headed to our favourite restaurant in Doha, The Anvil Rooms for a stunning meal to celebrate. I can't wait to write a review on this place in due course - I actually can not believe I have lived here for so long and visited so many times without doing so yet! As you can see, the restaurant is housed in a pretty spectacular tower.


But that's nothing compared to the views once you're inside...and that steak is something else! We enjoyed chatting over a bottle of red until we realised how late it had become and hurried home.


This week I was reminded...


How sport mad my little adopted country is. With three high profile sporting events taking place within the space of a week in Doha - the tennis, an international friendly match between Bayern Munich and Qatar AllStars, and the 24th Men's Handball World Championship, conversations were revolving around who was going to which event, and I witnessed several dodgy dealings take place as tickets switched hands. When you live in such a tiny city, you have to take opportunities to get involved where you can!

This week I appreciated...


  • Watching some world class tennis from front row seats at the Khalifa International Tennis Centre, followed by a visit to the court from one of my all-time heroes, (the just as gorgeous in the flesh I am happy to report) Mr Beckham.







  • Getting the opportunity to join the beIN Sports crew for some backstage action as they filmed some VTs for their show.








  • Finally, enjoying some world class football (from Bayern Munich's side at least) courtesy of my job this time with our friends Sam and Lauren .




Quote of the week



Have you had a week as sporty as my one? What have you been up to?

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear! I've been eating out too much this week and looking forward to a spot of detoxing next week.
    Lots of love,
    Angie

    SilverSpoon London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of hard not to eat out when it's your job huh?! Good luck with the detox, and have a FABULOUS time tonight!

      Polly xx

      Delete
  2. Oh! Such a great and sporty week! You were so lucky to have been able to see Beckham! And the match Bayern Munich versus Qatar seemed very interesting! This week, in my case, it was me who has done a lot of sport, yay! I hope next week is wonderful too! With love,
    Vera

    http://theflashwindow.weebly.com
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I love your blog layout Vera! So funky. Beautiful photos too. Interesting is definitely the word for that match. Bayern Munich dominated in a big way!! Good work on the sport...I really must get back to the gym. I haven't managed it since before Christmas. Seeing all these top class athletes should really have inspired me more this week!

      Polly xx

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS